jaydamber

jaydamber

Jayd, 17, love horror and YA

Check out my blog at booksfoodandotherthings.wordpress.com

Other (An Other Novel) - Karen Kincy Really enjoyed this book. At first I thought it was going to be the same as so many other paranormal YA books out there, but it was quite different - I'd never heard of a pooka before reading this book, so it's nice to see even the less known mythological creatures are getting recognition.

The general outline is that main character Gwen and her current boyfriend Zack stumble across two dead Others near a river. More deaths follow, and Gwen suffers inner turmoil due to her own secrecy and fear. She is determined to find the killer though, and soon her blogging friend (who she suspects to be Other as well) Tavian comes to help her.

To me, the book read more like a mystery with hints of romance which is good. Overpowering romantic books with little plot/substance really annoy me.But, I do have one bone to pick with this book. When Gwen goes out with Tavian the second time, at first she's wearing a dress. Then, a few pages later she's wearing a blouse and a skirt. Guess Karen Kincy's editor missed that one.

However this was a very enjoyable read and I look forward to hunting down the rest of the series.