jaydamber

jaydamber

Jayd, 17, love horror and YA

Check out my blog at booksfoodandotherthings.wordpress.com

Glass Houses  - Rachel Caine I've been meaning to try out this series for a while, so when the books went on offer I thought what the hell.

I'm not overjoyed with this book. The female characters are, at best, cliche and dumb. Even Claire, who is meant to be clever. She just freakin' walks into danger without a thought. The male characters are also cliche, because yes, you guessed it, unbelievably hot. Apparently. Michael isn't too bad because he can at least look after himself but Shane is the epitome of asshole. Oh but he's hot so that makes it all okay.

The plot was okay. Not outstanding, not much particularly special. It simply ran it's course, and I doubt there were any real 'twists' since I didn't care to notice them.

The good thing is, it's a quick read. You don't have to put up with it long. And though I do complain about it, it was enjoyable. I've certainly read worse *cough*Twilight*cough*. So I feel like I can carry on with the next few books in the series, unless they get shockingly worse.